Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Como & AC Milan








Last weekend I took a day trip to Como and then went to an AC Milan game on Sunday afternoon. When we were in Como it was incredibly windy which made it a little chilly but didn't take away from us sightseeing, or even buying some gelato:) We took a tram/trolley cart up the mountain to a smaller village where we could see the entire layout of Como from above. Naturally, as we got higher it just seemed to get windier so we didn't stay too long up there before heading back down to Como. Sometimes in these smaller cities, like Como, just seeing the scenery and the landscape is enough to make a trip worthwhile. And I could have sworn I saw George Clooney in disguise with his sunglasses and hat on taking a stroll from his home on Lake Como...ok not really but I kept my eyes open!

Then on Sunday afternoon, back in Milan at this point, we headed for the west side of the city to where Stadio San Siro is located. AC Milan, one of the city's soccer/football, teams plays here. It was AC Milan vs. Atalanta. I had on red and black, which are the teams' colors, but before heading into the stadium I stopped at a small little stand and bought my very own David Beckham jersey!!:) He's been playing for Milan for a while and a lot of the talk here in Milan is whether or not L.A. will let him stay here. I can see why he likes playing here so much - the people are CRAZY about this sport! Anyways, the stadium wasn't full, but it holds about 85,000. The atmosphere was incredible. Cheers,flags,crazy Italians yelling things -to be honest, the section where we were seated reminded me a lot of being in the student section at a Badger game...except these people were of all ages here. AC Milan ended of winning 3-0 and all the goals were scored by the player Inzaghi. Great experience - everyone should attend a European football game!

3 comments:

  1. Ryan and I are taking a peak at your recent photos and talking about packing our bags and heading your way! :) We're still hoping Dad and mom take us up on getting stuffed in their bags. ; ) tee hee.

    We love you so much and are so proud of your independence! xoxoxo In our prayers always,
    Ryan and Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Megs,

    Have fun in Rome! Be ready to be our tour guide in a few weeks. We'll be thinking about you as you run thru the Colosseum on Sunday. Anxious to see more pictures!!

    Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meghan,
    It's been a while since I posted a comment. I look forward to your impressions of Rome.I feel badly that I forgot to tell you of a wonderfully famous restaurant aptly called "Alfredos" where they make fettucine alfredo right at your table. I also could never forget how beautiful the Sistene Chapel was and how remarkable the architecture and Michaelangelo's sculpture was as well. I will look forward to seeing more of your beautiful photographs!Miss you, and I know Andrew can't wait to arrive. Deka and Steve

    ReplyDelete