Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back in Milan

Sorry it's been a while since hearing from me. Like I said in my last entry, we were stranded in London and it took a while to get out of there, but we made it to Munich. We stayed a little less than 2 days and spent one of them going out to visit the Neuschwanstein castle. It was absolutely gorgeous and actually is the castle that Disney's magic kingdoms was based off of. It's in the mountains(Alps)or near them and was certainly a long uphill climb(getting cheap, we didn't want to dish out more euros for a ride up)The decor inside was breathtaking and I can't wait to put pictures up to show you. We left the next morning and took a train back to Milan. It was about 8 hours, but actually went by pretty fast because most of the ride was through Austria and Northern Italy right through the Alps.
I'm moved into my dorm but unfortunately my internet isn't working so I'm using a friend's. Once I get it fixed (let's hope sooner than later) I will upload some pictures for all of you see. The weather is pretty nice if you don't mind rain. This morning it was actually nice enough for me to wear shorts outside for a run!( I'll take it over WI snow)School starts in a little over a week so now I'm just getting settled in and more familiar with the city. Arrivederci!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan,
    Can't wait to see your photos!Too bad about your computer glitch. It's always something...Sounds like the castle and your train ride were gorgeous. Glad that you are settling in. As always we are looking forward to hearing about everything. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Looks like we may get kind of a spring-like day for Wisconsin today, yea! Take care, Deka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megs,
    Look back and enjoy all your traveling so far! I know the computer is frustrating you,(I hope you realize I am the last one who can give you computer advice-so I hope your call to me was just to vent)it could be alot worse!! Love hearing from you
    Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete